1. a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc.
2. a missing part; gap or lacuna
3. any gap or opening
1. any extended period of leave from one's customary work, especially for rest, to acquire new skills or training, etc.
1. belonging or pertaining to the origin or beginning of something, or to a thing at its beginning
2. new; fresh; inventive; novel
3. arising or proceeding independently of anything else
4. capable of or given to thinking or acting in an independent, creative, or individual manner
5. created, undertaken, or presented for the first time
6. being something from which a copy, a translation, or the like is made
7. a primary form or type from which varieties are derived
8. an original work, writing, or the like, as opposed to any copy or imitation
9. the person or thing represented by a picture, description, etc.
10. a person whose ways of thinking or acting are original
11. an eccentric person
12. a source of being; an author or originator